How to Effectively Use On & Off Page SEO
SEO isn’t taking a back seat anytime soon. But with new technology and updates, search engines are better able to track spammy SEO techniques and penalize accordingly. That means that your approach to SEO must be well rounded and integrated in order to stay on the top of search engines.
SEO can be broken up into two respective categories: on-page and off-page. On-page optimization deals with techniques used on actual web pages, whereas off-page optimization covers tactics used in other areas like link building, article distribution, etc. To stay on top, you’ll need to integrate both of these categories in your marketing endeavors.
Do I really need both? YES! Keeping SEO rich content on your webpage is key, but if you don’t promote your site with off-page SEO tactics then it’s for naught. You won’t see that rise in the search engine’s like you hoped for unless you implement both categories.
So how can you effectively use both forms of SEO? Here are our top do’s and don’ts:
• Perform keyword research and testing
• Use a Meta Description tag
• Use ALT and H1 tags
• Implement an internal linking strategy
• Use keyword rich content
• Create a sitemap
• Track targeted keywords
• Use keywords in anchor text links
• Submit your website through link directory submitters (only submit to high ranking directories)
• Use deep linking
• Track all active keywords
• Use relevant keywords near your link
• Distribute keyword rich articles
• Perform online PR campaigns
• Use hidden text or links
• Repeat keywords
• Use mirror or doorway pages
• Duplicate title tags
• Use off-site images
• Use link farms
• Place irrelevant or random keywords near your link
With Google’s constantly changing regulations, it can be hard to stay on top of what’s considered appropriate and what can be marked as Spam. If you’re concerned that you might not be up to the task of staying updated you can outsource your websites SEO campaign to professionals who are always learning new techniques.
Need help with your SEO strategy?
Let our Miami SEO experts at Graphic Design Needs help your business achieve online success with a wide range of on-page and off-page search engine optimization services.